You can handwrite an average of 22 words per minute. Typing goes up to about 33 wpm.
National Shorthand Reporters’ Association championship winner Martin J. Dupraw wrote 260 wpm using Gregg shorthand. with 99.69% accuracy.
Here’s the word “refrigerator” in Gregg shorthand:
THAT SQUIGGLE MEAN REFRIGERATOR
Why can’t we teach shorthand?
- darkrice likes this
- theartofrennovation likes this
- tinggoesthetypewriter reblogged this from journalismstudentproblems
- theiconoclastkid reblogged this from journalismstudentproblems
- theiconoclastkid likes this
- deniseas4445 likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- natteringnabobs reblogged this from journalismstudentproblems and added:
- atasteofyourownmadison answered: lol, I’m learning shorthand now so that I don’t have to use a Dictaphone when I start uni next year.
- quarterlifethinking answered: I just think it would be too difficult at this point :/ Wish I knew how to. It would make note taking MUCH easier but for now…digital rec.
- spiderkitsune likes this
- journalismstudentproblems posted this